A rematch of last season’s NASL Championship series takes place in week two as the Fort Lauderdale Strikers play host to the Minnesota Stars FC. The Stars opened with 0-0 draw versus 2011 NASL Regular Season Champion Carolina at the Metrodome, while Fort Lauderdale won its opener 1-0 at home versus FC Edmonton.
Fort Lauderdale Strikers vs. Minnesota Stars FC
Saturday, April 14, 2012 – 7:30 p.m. EDT
Lockhart Stadium, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Webcast: NASL on Ustream
2012 Series: First meeting of 2012
2011 Regular Season Series: Fort Lauderdale won 2-2-0
2011 NASL Championship Series: Minnesota won 3-1 on aggregate goals
Category Fort Lauderdale Minnesota
Head Coach Daryl Shore Manny Lagos
2012 Records 1-0-0, 3pts 0-1-0, 1pt
Goals Leader Andy Herron (1) N/A
Assists Leader Scott Lorenz (1) N/A
· The Strikers opened the season with a 1-0 win over FC Edmonton, behind a goal from NASL Offensive Player of the Week, Andy Herron.
· Fort Lauderdale plays three of its first four league games at home this season.
· Former Stars Midfielder Scott Lorenz set up Herron’s game winning goal for the Strikers.
· The Stars return to Lockhart Stadium, the scene of their NASL Championship Series triumph.
· Minnesota drew 8,693 fans to last Saturday’s Champions Challenge 0-0 draw with Carolina.
· Despite not scoring in the opener at the Metrodome, Minnesota had 22 shot attempts versus Carolina. Eight of the Stars shots were on target.
|Minnesota United 2 Tampa Bay Rowdies 3|
|Match Preview: San Antonio vs. Fort Lauderdale|
|Match Preview: Atlanta vs. Carolina|
|Rowdies Steal Halftime Lead Over United|
|Match Preview: Minnesota vs. Tampa Bay|
|Where To Watch In Week 7|
|Campos Diving Header Is NASL Play of Week 6|
|Miller Appointed Interim Canada Coach for Costa Rica Friendly|
|NASL Week 7 Preview: Soccer Bowl Revisited|
|Manchester City Interim Manager Brian Kidd Boasts Strong NASL Legacy|
|Tampa Bay Rowdies||5||2||2||1||2||8|
|Minnesota United FC||5||2||2||1||2||8|
|Fort Lauderdale Strikers||5||1||1||3||-4||4|
|San Antonio Scorpions||5||0||2||3||-6||2|